VISIT DENVER engaged MMGY NextFactor to create the Denver Tourism Roadmap, a plan that looks at all aspects of Denver as a destination.
This first-of-its-kind plan for Denver provides a smart growth strategy to drive demand for new visitors while enhancing the quality of life for residents. The Roadmap provides guidance to the City of Denver, VISIT DENVER, private investors and other community stakeholders, showing where there are opportunities to help grow conventions and leisure visitor business to the Mile High City over the next decade.
Our approach entailed a year-long community-wide process which included competitive analysis and benchmarking, over 250 stakeholder consultations, and survey responses from more than 1,000 residents.
The foundational elements of the plan included:
- Vision to drive responsible growth to the region’s visitor economy
- Targets to measure performance and progress
- Strategic goals and initiatives to achieve the vision and targets
The Tourism Roadmap established a new vision for the city: Denver is America’s leading outdoor city, known to visitors for its urban, active, and cultural experiences. Six major goals must be achieved for Denver to realize this bold, new vision. Detailed results include:
- Expand Meetings & Convention Business and Infrastructure – The new Colorado Convention Center expansion is intended to position the center as the most high-tech, user-friendly meeting and event space in the nation.
- Attract Visitor-Driven Events – Denver selected as one the North American cities to host the 2026 FIFA World Cup.
- Enhance Connectivity & Mobility – After a seven-year hiatus, the Winter Park Express ski train returned to offer service from Union Station to the base of the ski resort.
Improve Downtown Visitor Experiences – The city is rebuilding and modernizing the 16th Street Mall to create a safe, vibrant and welcoming space for everyone.